Planet Audio EC20B 3-Way Electronic Crossover With Remote Subwoofer Control
Huge Savings Item! Save 14% on the Planet Audio EC20B 3-Way Electronic Crossover With Remote Subwoofer Control by Planet Audio at JE Type. MPN: EC20B. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. View larger How A Crossover Is Used The Planet Audio EC20B three-way electronic crossover is a high-fidelity signal processor that allows you to
How A Crossover Is Used
The Planet Audio EC20B three-way electronic crossover is a high-fidelity signal processor that allows you to customize the low level output of your input source (a car radio), so that the signal can be applied to an amplifier or amplifiers as a part of a two-way or three-way mobile audio system. It is intended for use in a car audio system which includes amplifiers in the signal path after the crossover, and provides front, rear, and subwoofer low level outputs via RCA connectors.
Parallel Input Selection
The EC20B is optimized for head units which provide outputs for Front (UR), Rear (UR), and Subwoofer (UR) channels. But what if your head unit only provides a single pair of stereo (UR) outputs? By setting the Parallel Input selector control to Out, the signal applied to the Front (UR) EC20B inputs will also be routed to the Rear channel. This eliminates the need for external Y-adaptors, which can sometimes add noise to the system. Now you can provide custom processing to the Rear channel independent of the settings you apply to the front.
- Crossover center frequency ranges: Front (high pass) - 40-400Hz or 800Hz-8kHz; Rear (high pass) - 40-400Hz; Subwoofer (low pass) - 32-250Hz
- Crossover slope, front and rear: selectable 6d8/octave or 18d8/octave
- Crossover slope, sub channel: 18dB/octave
- Bass Boost center frequency range: 25-250Hz
- Bass Boost level adjustment: 0-+12dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 110dB
- THD: 0. 01%
- Channel separation: 80dB
- Input impedance: 20kOhms
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Output gain: 1:2 (+6dB)
- Power supply: PWM type
- Output voltage: 8V maximum1
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 5-1/8" x 8-1/4" x 1-3/4"
Front Channel Crossover Multiplier
By providing a way for you to select a frequency from either a Mids/Highs range or a Tweeter range for the Front channel crossover, we give you the choice to use this crossover in different applications. For example, you can use the Front channel as a stereo Tweeter channel by setting the Crossover Frequency Multiplier to the higher 800Hz-8kHz range, and Rear channel can serve as the Mids/Highs channel, for a three-way stereo system. Or you could create a four-channel system, with Front and Rear channels reproducing the Mids/Highs.
Subwoofer Input Mix Option
Many head units also lack a subwoofer channel output. In this situation, by setting the Sub Input control to Mix, the EC20B sub channel controls will be delivered a mix of L Front/Rear to the Subwoofer Left Channel and a mix of the R Front Rear to the Subwoofer Right channel. This eliminates the need for external Y adaptors and mixer devices.
Input, Output, Remote, And Power Connections
- Power LED
- Front And Rear L/R Inputs: Connect the outputs of your head units to these connections and be sure to place the Parallel Input selector in the In position.
- Parallel Input Selector: If your audio source only has one pair of RCA inputs, placing this switch in the Out position allows the signal source connected to the front inputs to also be routed to the rear channel of the EC20B.
- Sub Input Source Selector: If your audio source lacks a subwoofer channel output, placing this switch in the Mix position will apply a mix of the front and rear channel of each of the left and right inputs to the EC20B sub channel input.
- Subwoofer Channel Input: Connect the subwoofer channel of your head unit to these connectors and place the Sub Input selector in the Direct position. If no sub channel outputs are available, see "Sub Input Source," above.
- +12V, Ground And Remote Turn-On Terminals: Use this control to select the highest frequency to be sent to the subwoofer channel. Choose a frequency between 32 Hz and 250Hz.
- Fuse Connector: Use only fuse with 3A rating.
- Front And Rear UR Outputs
- Subwoofer L/R Outputs
- Remote Level Control Connector
Front And Rear Channel Controls
- High Pass Crossover: Use this control to set the lowest frequency which will pass through the Front (or Rear) Channel of your system.
- High Pass Crossover Frequency Multiplier (front channel only): This selector sets the frequency range for the high pass crossover. Choose the x1 position for 40Hz-400Hz range, or x20 for 800Hz-8kHz range.
- Crossover Slope: Crossover slope determines how rapidly the drop-off in sound level, measured in decibels/octave, occurs at the frequency selected by the crossover. One octave is equal to one-half of the currently selected frequency. For example, if you set the crossover to 80Hz and the slope to 18dB, the level at 40Hz to be 18dB lower than at 80Hz.
- Output Level Control: This control allows you to independently set the output level of the channel.
Features & Highlights
- Provides three Filter circuits for a variety of set-up options
- Variable Low Pass: 32Hz to 250Hz, Variable High Pass: 40Hz to 400Hz.Bass Generator : Frequency response 10 Hz to 20 kHz, ±1 dB
- Frequency Multiplier: x1 or x20, Selectable Slope: 6dB or 18dB / octave
- Independent Front and Rear Level Controls, S / N: ≥ 85dB
- DC-to-DC Power Supply, Outputs for 3-Way or Front, Rear and
- Subwoofer System Configurations, Remote Subwoofer Control
- Variable Bass Boost 0 to +12dB, Dimensions: 8-1 / 4" L x 5-1 / 8" W x 1-7 / 8" H
- 1 Year Warranty
- 3-Way Electronic Crossover , With Remote Sub Level Control
- Continuously Variable Low Pass: 32Hz To 250Hz Continuously Variable High Pass: 40Hz To 400Hz Frequency Multiplier: X1 Or X20
- Selectable Slope: 6Db Or 18Db/Octave Independent Front And Rear Level Controls Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 110Db
- Dc-To-Dc Power Supply Outputs For 3-Way Or Front, Rear And Subwoofer System Configurations
- Remote Subwoofer Level Control Variable Bass Boost 0 To +12Db Dimensions: 5-1/8-Inchw X 8-1/4-Inchl X 1-7/8-Inchh
|Item Weight:||3 pounds|
|Item Size:||5.1 x 1.8 x 1.8 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.7 pounds|
|Package Size:||9.7 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches|